Guinea Pig Fun
Some tips to take piggie pictures:
* Always try and aim for being at the same eye level; it makes the piggies more comfy too.
* Try and aim to center the piggie and not cut off feet, "shave" bums or heads unless you want a close-up.
* Give them a treat to nibble on. Don't feed the whole lot at once; you can get better photos if you hide some food to have them go and find it. It's a lot of fun for them too. The piggies will love it and they will come over to talk to you and cuddle you.
* Enjoy the occasion by rewarding them with a nice rub!
In case you do a picture-setting shoot:
* Get the setting ready first: add a light if needed, a towel (in case piggie pee and poop is eminent), and some veggies.
* Set up a comfy seat for you to put yourself in the best camera position. If possible, use a piggie-guard helper (because your hands are clung to the camera and they can jump or run or hurt themselves).
* Put them into an enclosed area, so running away is more difficult.
* Put something of interest for them nearby, something that they do not see often: their natural curiosity will slow them down and they will take cute poses: sniffing, nibbling, chewing, munching, bumping.
All of this preparation will provide the piggies with a comfy, relaxed, and safe setting. And the piggies will have a ball sniffing, hiding, munching, and exploring too! You will have the most amazing photos you can dream of!
Ever wonder how Karine takes her fantastic photos? Wonder no more for she graciously shares her photo-taking tips below. Check out her tips and remember her golden rule: the piggies have to enjoy it! We think you will enjoy the process and end up with some amazing photos. Thanks, Karine, for sharing your tips with others!
Guinea Pig Fun © 2003 - 2022 All rights reserved. Nothing may be reproduced without written permission from the person who holds the original copyright.